About Me

My photo
I can write about disparate things, but when it comes to describing myself, I often fumble for words. To know me better, stay tuned to my space and share my world with me. As my thoughts unfold, the 'real me' will surface. Till then, I leave you with my favourite quote "Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness; For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so he loves also the bow that is stable."......Khalil Gibran.

Friday, July 10, 2009

To Mom, with love - > Part II

I was nonchalantly telling my mom that I have been putting off buying a watch for quite some time; her immediate reaction was “See, I have two new watches, you can take one of them, and I can settle down for the less pricey one. You need the watch more than I do”. I felt a lump forming in my throat. I thought to myself, I'm old enough to buy a watch for myself and yet here's my mom who just got herself a new watch and is ready to part ways with it. That's the power of a mothers love, it cannot be measured. And, then there is my grandma, who never forgets to ask me “So, what do you want from Mangalore?”. By the very virtue of being a mom, these women, have always learnt to give, never expecting anything in return. I could never fathom this unconditional love, until I had my own child.
From the time, I learnt that I was pregnant, I felt a spring in every step I took. The long awaited good news was finally ringing in my ear, head and very being. My joy knew no bound. I thanked God profusely and prayed that the little one be safe. My prayer for the safety of my child in my womb was an eye opener. I had begun to realize the power of unconditional love.

2 comments:

  1. Very well written and its so true......mommies are angels in disguise. One realizes their value and can relate to them only when one becomes a Mother.

    -Renu

    ReplyDelete