About Me

My photo
I can write about disparate things, but when it comes to describing myself, I often fumble for words. To know me better, stay tuned to my space and share my world with me. As my thoughts unfold, the 'real me' will surface. Till then, I leave you with my favourite quote "Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness; For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so he loves also the bow that is stable."......Khalil Gibran.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Eri's pearls from last week

A dear friend of mine jotted down Eri's animated conversation to one of his friends. He shared the excerpts of that mail with me.
Thanks pal! Makes me wanna write.

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Hemanth Pradeep wrote:

Cres and I were yakking when Eri starts tugging at her for attention, saying something
Cres: 'Eri.. ..how many times I've told you, when two adults are speaking you shouldn't interrupt...'
Eri: 'But I'm also speaking like an adult only no mama...'

Eri gleefully doodles on the door with a crayon. Her Dad screams in horror. Mom is still blissfully in the shower. A while later, the little princess is being coaxed by the maid for dinner while Mom happens to pass by the door and throws an understandable fit. The little lady is immediately engrossed in her dinner and tv, turning a deaf ear to all the screaming.

'Eri, who did this?', Mom presses for a confession. 'Am angry with you Mama, am not speaking to you, go!', comes the googly out of nowhere....
Cres stands helplessly akimbo saying 'Excuse me Madam, you don't tell me what I'm supposed to do...I'm the one who should be angry!'...... I couldn't help being in splits!

Maxim was to take Eri to the doc and everyone was tricking her into putting on a sweater.
I tried my way 'Eri you look pretty in the sweater..'.
She wasn't really buying it and yanking it off, said, 'No uncle, I look hot hot in the sweater!'...
I managed to look away and guffawed. Cres was on the chair cracking a smile. Maxim couldn't suppress his grin and corrected 'Putha, you feel hot hot in the sweater!'

No comments:

Post a Comment