About Me

My photo
I can write about disparate things, but when it comes to describing myself, I often fumble for words. To know me better, stay tuned to my space and share my world with me. As my thoughts unfold, the 'real me' will surface. Till then, I leave you with my favourite quote "Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness; For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so he loves also the bow that is stable."......Khalil Gibran.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Club day

It was a lovely Sunday morning, Max and I were heading to Club Cabana. After a nice morning breakfast, we lazed around for sometime. Max and his friends decided to check out the water park. I was just not interested in doing those water rides. I saw the mad rush at the wave pool and decided to sit by the kiddie pool.

I waved out at Max as he was trying to out do the waves. I smiled seeing the child like glee on his face. Reminded me of our trip to Singapore soon after wedding. It was a turbulent flight. It was pouring cats and dogs during take off, the plane shuddered. My nails dived into Max's arms. I asked Max if he knew how to swim and he said 'yes'. 'Good for me'', I thought. If the plane crashes now my man shall save me. ' Yes, I can manage to save myself in a crisis situation', he said. Well, so much for being optimistic I thought. A group of kids were having a fun time splashing water at each other. I decided to take a break and walk around the club. I hit the spa counter. Just next to the spa was a nice small hall where some good music was being played. I walked into the place, a lot of kids were taking turn and walking down the ramp. I decided that its some fun kids show, and pulled a chair and sat down. A lot of curious eyes were staring at me, like I cared. I was there to have fun and was going to enjoy myself. My ears turned towards the fizz of the coke bottle. I was parched. I went and helped myself to some coke. A lady standing at the corner continued staring at me, and two other women followed suit. This time all three ladies joined the big stare. Well, I saw two ladies helping themselves to a piece of cake and jamun. I walked to dessert table and helped myself to a big slice of cake and jamun. I skillfully removed the cherry from the cake and all the extra cream and settled in a cozy chair. As I dug into my piece of cake, I saw a little boy walk in with his dad and mom. Ah! The perfect family. The little boy walked and a few event moderators asked him to walk down the ramp. The new entrants were seated right beside me. The lady looked at me quizzically. I just gave her a faint smile. I saw the lady pull out a nice gift wrapped in a gift paper. She called out to her son who just finished his cat walk and asked him to wish the birthday boy. I was half way through my cake. I couldn't believe my ears. Apparently, a private party was being hosted at the club. Gosh! Wrong place , wrong time. How was I to know? No birthday banner, no caps, no whistles.Not my fault. What do I do? How do I make the grand escape without looking like an idiot. If only I had the powers, I would freeze the world go by.

Everything else fell in place, the ushers weren't event moderators, they were the host. The cat walk was a warm up session for the kids before the big celebration begun. Half the damage was already done, I not only entered the place, helped myself to a glass of coke and almost downed half a cake. I couldn't eat anymore. I slowly slipped the plate under the chair and started walking to the door, there was a guy following me, no sooner I exited, they slammed the door after me. I felt like an absolute idiot. I wanted to return home but Max and his friends were having a ball at the water park, so I just let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment